Sunday 17 February 2013

Numba 1 Fan of 90s comeback trends - part 1 Platforms

Been fairly obsessed about a few new trends that have taken inspiration from the fashion of the 1990s. I have to admit the 90s is my favourite decade of fashion... it's not as daggy as the 80s, not as hipster as the 70s and not as rockabilly as decades before yet politely takes inspiration from them all.

My first new love is platform shoes!! Yes, those ridiculous ankle twisting clodhoppers, made famous by the Spice Girls are back!!



To celebrate, I've been strutting my girl power around town in...

Weaved lace-up Mollini platforms from theiconic.com.au 

I fell in love with these shoes the minute I saw them in Santini but they were out of my size, thank goodness for online shopping!! I love the classic 'school shoe' style of these platforms and I think it'll be a great pair to take me through summer and autumn.   

This pair of platform wedge flip-flops were a gift from my cousin in Japan. I was quite taken back when she gave them to me and didn't think I would ever wear them but lo and behold, Ive been rocking these bad boys and getting many compliments on them too!!


  
Converse high top platforms from hypedc.com

I spotted these on a Japanese bloggers page and was amazed that they still existed. I remember Converse making them some years ago but never got around to getting me a pair plus I haven't been able to find them since... until last week!! I received the white pair above as a Valentine's Day gift (the only way to a women's heart!) They also come in the strawberry print but I thought that would be too difficult to match with outfits. Speaking of outfits, I found these looks on tokyofashion.com and they incorporate Converse platforms - super cool and great outfit inspiration!





And here's the first outfit I put together with my Converse platforms. I went for the Sport luxe look wearing ADIDAS gym shorts and an ADIDAS polo tee. Accessorised with a plain black snapback, mirrored aviators and red lipstick.



Next on my platform list...

shopstyle.com.au

These Vans skater leopard platforms!!

Stay tuned for Numba 1 Fan of 90s comback trends - part 2!!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment